Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Isaac's prayer today...

"Dear God, please help Mommy to get better, and please God, please help her to have another baby, either a new baby or the one she used to have..."

He went on and told God how much he would love to have a new baby too. He was so sweet, it just melted away my sorrow for that moment.

How often does a mom get to witness her child tenderly caring about her in such a way? In all the darkness, God does send out a beam of light now and then that makes me realize, just like a pinhole in clarity, but there just the same...something big is happening. God's kindness to me is so infinite that I can often only see it in a human way. But praise God for that little bit that He allows me to see! I want to hold onto them for use in those darkest moments.

2 comments:

  1. Soooooo sweet, Sarah!! Rachel and I have been praying, too, for "Aunt Sarah" to not only get better (our usual prayer), but to have a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. God's compassion sometimes comes through His little ones.

    ReplyDelete